Symptoms may include:
- a sore throat;
- shortness of breath;
- fevers; and
- muscle or body aches.
If you have any of the above symptoms and fit one of the below categories, please contact one of the assessment centres located across Victoria:
- You have returned from overseas in the past 14 days.
- You have been in contact with a person with a known case of COVID-19.
- You’re a healthcare worker with direct patient contact.
- You’re a residential care worker or aged care resident with a fever or an acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat).
These are the best places to get assessed, tested and treated. The closest assessment centre to our clinic is The Alfred Hospital (9076 2000). Please call them before going to their emergency department.
You can also call the dedicated government hotline on 1800 020 080 if you suspect you have coronavirus. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
How to protect against COVID-19
Practising good hygiene is your best line of defence. This includes:
- washing hands with soap and water – thoroughly and regularly;
- covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and
- avoiding close contact with others, especially in public.
Our doctors are watching the matter carefully. We’ll keep you updated on any significant developments.