Helping You Grow Your Little (or Big) Family
Whether they’re your first, last, or somewhere in between, having a baby can be a magical time. A pre-conception visit is a wonderful way to prepare for a healthy pregnancy ahead.
Your GP will work with you to develop your personalised pregnancy plan. From predicting ovulation to pregnancy management and safe vaccinations, they’ll be by your side from day one.
Most of us also have extra training in shared care (pregnancy care) – a popular option for women with low-risk pregnancies. Shared care involves:
- seeing your regular doctor for most pregnancy checks, with certain visits done at your hospital;
- flexible appointment times, including after hours and on Saturdays;
- delivering your baby at your local public maternity hospital, and
- post-natal care from your GP, who’ll go on to care for you and your baby.
Helpful Links & Websites
- Australian Breastfeeding Association
Breastfeeding support, advice and education.
- Food During Pregnancy
Recommendations for healthy eating during pregnancy.
- Having a Baby in Victoria
Practical tips for having a baby, from planning to birthing options.
- Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Australia
Information and support for women and men to tackle postnatal and antenatal depression.
- Pregnancy Birth and Baby
Parental support from pregnancy to pre-school – includes an A – Z listing of pregnancy and baby topics.
- Sexual Health Victoria (formerly Family Planning Victoria)
Promoting reproductive and sexual health care through helpful resources, and education.