With Melbourne’s COVID cases stubbornly rising, we’re encouraging patients to choose telehealth appointments.
Telehealth appointments are a popular option for those wanting to limit their public exposure. They work similarly to in-person consults, except you don’t have to come to the clinic.
All telehealth appointments begin over the phone. You and your GP can easily covert to video during the appointment if needed. To do this, your GP will send you an SMS containing a link to access a secure platform called GP Consults – all you need is a charged mobile phone and an internet connection.
If we can’t adequately deal with your issue over the phone or video, you may need to come into the clinic after your initial phone consult.
Convenience & Efficiency: How Telehealth Works
Your GP will call you as close as they can to your preferred time.
If you don’t pick up, your GP will leave a message to call the clinic back. You’ll need to return their call within five (5) minutes or reschedule for another time.
We can email your pathology forms and referrals to you or fax them directly to your preferred pharmacy. Alternatively, we can SMS you an e-script token.
Following your appointment, you can pay by credit card over the phone. The out of pocket costs are the same as with in-person appointments.
The Five Essentials for a Smooth Telehealth Appointment
To get the most from your telehealth consult, please consider these simple tips:
- Make sure you’ve charged your phone.
- Head inside and sit alone in a quiet room (if possible).
- Have any documents on-hand to which you want to refer.
- Please be patient if your GP doesn’t call you bang-on your preferred appointment time, as they might be running late with the patient before you.
- Relax, make yourself a cuppa, and enjoy the benefits of first-class medical advice in the comfort of your own home.